[openssl-dev] OpenSSL support on Solaris 11 (built on Solaris 10)

Jonathan Larmour jifl at eCosCentric.com
Tue Jun 16 14:03:53 UTC 2015

On 16/06/15 08:21, Atul Thosar wrote:

> Currently, we build OpenSSL v0.9.8zc on Solaris 10 (SunOS, sun4u, sparc)
> and it works well on Solaris 10 platform. We use Sun Studio 12 compiler.
>
> We would like to run it on Solaris 11.2 (SunOS, sun4v, sparc) platform w/o
> changing the build platform.[snip]

One issue to consider is that it may not be wise to be putting OpenSSL
0.9.8 into a new system when security updates for it will stop in a matter
of months.

Jifl
--
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine