[openssl-dev] curve25519

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sun Jun 21 17:10:48 UTC 2015

> BTW, is there any tool for checking C code whether it is constant-time?

I'm not aware of any.  The body of information about it, for C, is slowly starting to emerge.  There was some talk about an IETF draft on techniques, but I don't recall seeing it yet.

The big thing is "avoid data-dependant jumps."  For example, memcmp() always runs the full length, almost any "if" statement needs careful scrutiny, and so on.  In openssl master, look at include/internal/constat_time_locl.h and test/constant_time_test.c

(PS:  What does SY stand for; "see you"? :)