[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3920] ECDSA_METHOD_new() argument should be constified?

Dmitry Belyavsky via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Jun 22 19:17:43 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I try to provide my own ECDSA method using engine. I want to use common
functions for verifying the signature and a custom one for signing.

My code is

  const ECDSA_METHOD * meth1 = ECDSA_OpenSSL();
  forwarder_ec_method = ECDSA_METHOD_new(meth1);

Compiling it, I get an error:

error: passing argument 1 of ‘ECDSA_METHOD_new’ discards ‘const’ qualifier
from pointer target type [-Werror]

Shouldn't the argument of the ECDSA_METHOD_new() function be const struct
ECDSA_METHOD * instead of struct ECDSA_METHOD *?

Thank you!

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky