[openssl-dev] RSA SigVer (FIPS 186-4) Issue

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Mon Jun 29 12:53:29 UTC 2015

On 06/29/2015 02:48 AM, rsteck at symsysresearch.com wrote:
> I am getting incorrect False-Negative results when performing tests with
> 186-4 vectors (generated by CAVS 17.6).
>
> This vector is being reported false while CAVS says they should pass.
>
> [mod = 1024]

You're getting CAVS tests for 1024 bit RSA keys?

Keep in mind that the #1747 validation predates FPS 186-4, and we aren't
allowed to update it to meet that (or other) new requirements. So you
won't see FIPS 1806-4 support in the FIPS module until and if we're able
to do a new OSS based validation to succeed #1747.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.