[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3739] regression: syswrite payloads >90kb can trigger EFAULT "Bad address" error on 1.0.2

Erik Forsberg erik at efca.com
Mon Mar 9 02:52:50 UTC 2015

I found the same issue, seems unique to 1.0.2 MULTIBLOCK
The attached patch (developed by Matt Caswell) appears to fix it for me.
An alternative, to avoid the issue is compiling with OPENSSL_NO_MULTIBLOCK
or only writing small blocks of memory per SSL_write.

Flow control was not handled properly in the new multiblock code.