[openssl-dev] Usage of assembler code on ARM architectures

John Foley foleyj at cisco.com
Thu Mar 12 16:09:40 UTC 2015

I can't speak directly to your question on the iphone-cross target, but
can warn you that your mileage will vary when using the ARM assembly
modules.  We observed that some algorithms actually run slower when
using the ARM assembly modules.  It's been a couple of years and I don't
recall the details, but want to say some of the hash algorithms were
actually faster when using no-asm.  The results are likely to vary
depending on the actual chipset used.  You'll probably want to test the
performance on the target hardware using the "openssl speed" command.
You can do this on a jailbroken iOS device via SSH.