[openssl-dev] Bitlocker

Leon Brits leonb at parsec.co.za
Tue Mar 24 09:07:28 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a PC which acts like a USB smartcard on which I have OpenSSLv1.0.1e to simulate the smartcards crypto operations.
I use it to sign/verify/encrypt/decrypt etc. and had no problem using Windows to login and sign/verify emails for instance. Recently I tried bitlocker and got the following error:

Function call 'EVP_PKEY_decrypt()' failed! (error:0407106B:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_2:block type is not 02).

The part in brackets was returned by OpenSSL.

Can anybody shed some light on what possibly I can be doing wrong with regards to the padding. I do implement PKCS1 and PSS. I've written our CSP/KSP for this PC and as I said it works fine with other Windows applications.

Thanks for your time
LJB