[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3717] Patch for IPv6 support in s_client/s_server

Quanah Gibson-Mount via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Mar 24 20:55:22 UTC 2015

--On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:29 PM +0000 "Short, Todd"
<tshort at akamai.com> wrote:

> I was unaware of 2501. But that's fine by me… however, why hasn't
> 2051 been applied to the code?

People have been asking this question for years.

https://lwn.net/Articles/486369/

<http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/Openssl-IPv6-Support-td54588.html>

Here's an even *older* RT from 2006:
<http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1365&user=guest&pass=guest>

There's never been any sort of real substantive answer as to why getting
IPv6 support in has taken almost a decade, when people have constantly
supplied patches for it.  Supposedly it was going to go into 1.0.2.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect