[openssl-dev] Seg fault during make test

Stephan Mühlstrasser stm at pdflib.com
Mon May 4 13:35:45 UTC 2015

Am 04.05.15 um 14:51 schrieb John Foley:
> Is anyone seeing a segmentation fault during the test_verify phase of
> make test on 32-bit systems?  I haven't done a full triage yet.  But it
> appears to have been introduced by
> 5b38d54753acdabbf6b1d5e15d38ee81fb0612a2.  The problem no longer occurs
> when backing out this commit.  This could be a faulty commit since the
> sizeof invocations in this commit would return different values for
> 32/64 bit systems.

The sizeof invocations do not return the pointer sizes, but the size of
the structures pointed to.

The problem is that there's apparently a copy&paste error:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/53ba0a9e91ad203de2943edaf1090ab17ec435fa

172 memset(param, 0, sizeof *paramid);
173 memset(paramid, 0, sizeof *paramid);

The first memset should be fixed to use "*param" instead of "*paramid":

memset(param, 0, sizeof *param);

Regards
Stephan