[openssl-dev] On SSLv23_method() drop and TLS_method() introduction

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue May 19 22:26:10 UTC 2015

On 19/05/15 17:40, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> I think that we should just provide the SSLv23_client_method define
> without the need to enable something, and I guess I missed
> something during the review in that case.

The reason you need to enable something is that SSLv23_client_method is
now deprecated. If you want it to "just work" then you would need to
un-deprecate it. That's ok but it has the disadvantage that the old name
will then stick around indefinitely and quite probably will be used even
for new code.