[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3879] [BUG] opennssl 1.0.1g cause the system crash (obj_xref.c)

Joy Tu via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri May 29 05:06:05 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am porting openssl_1.0.1g to our private OS.
But we meet some problem, could you please give me a favor.

The issue is described below.
Inside the file obj_xref.c, there is a variable sigx_app that never be initialize,
so this variable sigx_app will be changed anytime.
The uninitialized variable sigx_app will cause the system crash at anytime.

Could you please tell me the reason why the variable didn’t initialize?

l  The code we modified below will fix the issue at our OS, could you give us some suggession.
Origin :
STACK_OF(nid_triple) *sig_app, *sigx_app;
Modified :
STACK_OF(nid_triple) *sig_app = NULL, *sigx_app = NULL;

Best regards.