[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4141] GOST ciphersuites

Stephen Henson via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Nov 16 14:22:25 UTC 2015

On Sun Nov 15 10:04:28 2015, beldmit at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello!
>
> In the commit 5e3d21fef150f020e2d33439401da8f7e311aa24 you set
> the SSL_SSLV3 for the GOST ciphersuites. But the GOST ciphersuites are not
> usable with SSLv3, they require TLSv1.
>
> Could you turn the flag back for the GOST ciphersuites?

Does that commit break anything? It should not change the previous
functionality in any way because we also had this in ssl_locl.h:

# define SSL_TLSV1 SSL_SSLV3/* for now */

The subsequent commits change SSL_TLSV1 so it really disables ciphersuites in
SSL v3 (before it didn't) and adds the flag to PSK+SHA2 ciphersuites, We can
add SSL_TLSV1 to the GOST ciphersuites but that will change the behaviour from
what it was before.

Steve.