[openssl-dev] We're working on license changes

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Sat Nov 21 22:19:31 UTC 2015

--On Saturday, November 21, 2015 10:07 PM +0000 "Salz, Rich"
<rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:

> I don't see how MPL2 can have patent protection when it is the patent
> protection that cases GPL2 to be incompatible with APL2.

MPL version 2.0 is compatible with both the Apache License[11] and by
default "the GNU GPL version 2.0, the GNU LGPL version 2.1, the GNU AGPL
version 3.0, and all later versions of those licenses".

It would seem, then, that the MPLv2 covers all cases (GPLv2, GPLv3, etc).

>> I have not looked into it and I am not a lawyer.

<http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Patent_clauses_in_software_licences#Apache_License_2.0>
<http://en.swpat.org/wiki/MPL_and_patents>

Both contain a retaliation clause and a patent grant.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect