[openssl-dev] We're working on license changes

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Sat Nov 21 23:10:49 UTC 2015

--On Saturday, November 21, 2015 10:32 PM +0000 "Salz, Rich"
<rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:

> Sorry, that answer -- quoting a claim -- does not answer my question.  If
> the issue between APL and GPL2 is patent, then how can MPL2 address both?

The GNU folks clearly state that they are compatible:

<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#MPL-2.0>

The reason appears to be that the MPLv2 *specifically* grants compatibility
with the GPLv2+ as a part of its terms, whereas the APL does not.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Public_License#Compatibility_with_other_licenses>

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/2.0/>, see section 1.12

--Quanah

--