[openssl-dev] PBE_UNICODE

Dmitry Belyavsky beldmit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:35:17 UTC 2015

Dear Andy,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Andy Polyakov <appro at openssl.org> wrote:

> > The test example was provide by the authors of specification. There are
> > also examples in the document. May be it will be useful.
>
> We are apparently talking about slightly different things. Well, they
> are somewhat related, but not quite the same. It's just additional angle
> to cover.

Ok. Let's try to collect all the things.

1. We have a lack of Internet-wide specification regarding processing the
multibyte characters in PKCS#12.
2. We have the openssl code with 2 variants of such processing that can be
switched by the PBE_UNICODE define.
3. We have a "Russian" variant of specification.

I am interested mostly in compatibility between the openssl implementation
and "Russian" one when the password contains ASCII or Cyrillic characters.

How can I help?

--
SY, Dmitry Belyavsky