[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4157] Download Documentation

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Mon Nov 30 16:23:48 UTC 2015

On 11/30/15, 11:10 , "openssl-dev on behalf of Hubert Kario"
<openssl-dev-bounces at openssl.org on behalf of hkario at redhat.com> wrote:

>On Friday 27 November 2015 13:39:36 Tom Jay via RT wrote:
>> 3. Some kind of useful examples of common usages
>> of OpenSSL would be appreciated.
>
>https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Main_Page
>
>If you have specific use cases missing from there, please tell, but be
>precise

It talks only about *programming*, using OpenSSL toolkit as a *library* to
link against (and about ways to extend that library).

I think it omits a *huge* area of use cases where “openssl” executable
itself is used to (a) test and/or debug other SSL/TLS applications and
packages, (b) perform cryptographic processing on files and data - either
standalone, or as a part of a script (shell or such).