[openssl-dev] EXT :Re: [openssl.org #3931] OpenSSL 1.0.2(c, d) hangs on Sun T3 in OPENSSL_cpuid_setup()

Jeremy Farrell via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Nov 30 18:32:00 UTC 2015

Sorry Rick, no, I was asking openssl-dev. I sent the email solely to
rt at openssl.org as recommended on the web site, and it looks like it
rewrote it 'To' you and 'Cc' to openssl-dev. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
                       jjf

On 30/11/2015 17:57, Puckett, Rick via RT wrote:
> Jeremy,  > > Are you asking me? I don't have commit access to the repository. >
Obviously, I would endorse adding this patch as we have Sun T-3 >
systems. :-)  As the patch wasn't incorporated into an official >
release, I worked around this issue by using the configure parameter >
"solaris-sparcv7". > > - Rick > > -----Original Message-----
 >From: Jeremy Farrell via RT [mailto:rt at openssl.org]
 >To: Puckett, Rick (IS)
 >Cc: openssl-dev at openssl.org > > On Mon Jul 20 13:03:05 UTC 2015 Andy
Polyakov wrote: >> >>> I applied the patch you sent and
configured/compiled using  >> >>> "solaris-sparcv9-gcc" and the program
completes normally. As I am >>> unable to use patched/unofficial code
for our operational ... >> >> What is criteria for being "official"?
Explicitly released as >> tar-ball  >or just commit to repository? > >
Unless I'm missing it, this patch doesn't appear to have been >
committed to the repository yet. Any chance you could get this into >
1.0.2e?

--
J. J. Farrell