[openssl-dev] ECDH Engine

Alexander Gostrer agostrer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 06:42:40 UTC 2015

Hi All,

We are writing an ECDH engine. All private keys are in the hardware
(including ephemeral keys). I found that the DH_METHOD has both
(*generate_key) and (*compute_key) methods while the ECDH_METHOD has just
the (*compute_key) method.

We would like (once the engine is completed) to use standard SSL_accept()
etc calls. But the compute_key() returns shared secret based on previously
generated public/private key pair and the public key is already sent to a
peer). Is there a hook to replace the public key before it is sent out?

Thank you,
Alex Gostrer.