[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4071] Doc Bug: SSL_CTX_set_tmp_dh_callback (and friends) and client code

Stephen Henson via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Oct 6 16:29:54 UTC 2015

On Tue Oct 06 13:27:17 2015, noloader at gmail.com wrote:

> Please update the docs to make it clear they are server-only
> functions. It might be helpful to tell users there are currently no
> client-based APIs they can use to enforce an DH minimum.

Well there is in the master branch through security levels and a custom
callback (if the supplied levels don't meet your needs). Currently the callback
operation is undocumented: that will be fixed.

For other branches.. there *is* a way to limit DH parameters globally using a
custom DH method but it's a bit messy. I've attached an example.

Steve.