[openssl-dev] who wants to fix travis builds?

Alessandro Ghedini alessandro at ghedini.me
Tue Oct 6 19:37:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 12:28:05AM +0200, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:
> I'm going to look into the failures of other branches as well, but that will
> probably involve just disabling various builds that are just not supported
> (e.g. clang and mingw debug).

I opened the following PR to fix the builds in the 1.0.2 branch:
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/428

The changes include:

- The email address fix as in master.
- Disabled mingw debug builds (as previously discussed, these are not gonna
  be fixed in the stable branches).
- Added a new target debug-linu-x86_64-clang, to make the linux clang debug
  build work.
- Added a fix for other bogus GCC warnings similar to the one fixed in
  master (but in a different file). I renamed all instances of the "index"
  variable to "ind" for consistency.

Now the 1.0.2 branch is all green as well. I haven't looked at 1.0.1 yet, and
for 0.9.8 we might want to just disable mingw builds completely, since they
don't seem to work at all.

> I'm also working into adding support for newer compilers like gcc-5 and
> clang-3.8. This could allow us to build with address sanitizer and other
> niceties.

I've opened the following PR to add support for GCC v5 and address sanitizer
(not sure if we want valgrind as well...):
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/429

I think we can just use that instead of adding support for v4.7, v4.8 and v4.9.
I haven't looked into newer clang versions yet.

Cheers