[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4080] Malformed Client Hello messages are accepted (session_id length)

Hubert Kario via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Oct 8 17:32:06 UTC 2015

On Thursday 08 October 2015 17:19:06 Alessandro Ghedini via RT wrote:
> The problem most likely happens with SSLv2 backwards compatible
> ClientHello as well, but that seems to be easier to fix... or maybe
> it's time to just drop that compatibility code for v1.1?

There is quite a bit of clients that do send SSLv2 backwards compatible
Client Hello, dropping it completely, even though it allows to
relatively safely negotiate TLS connections, is probably going one step
too far.

I don't plan to work on SSLv2 Client Hello fuzzing in near future
though.
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario