[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4095] X509_STORE_get_by_subject crash

tosif tamboli via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Oct 15 13:33:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

Recently we updated the openssl crypto from 0.9.7e 25 to 1.0.1e

But it is always crashing while vertifying the certificates from image

When debugged found that crash is happening when

X509_STORE_get_by_subject called with issuer and issuer name is empty

X509_STORE_get_by_subject (&storeCtx, X509_LU_CRL,

                                        pIssuer, &x509_obj);

When searched for  pIssuer, using below functions

Char * issuer = X509_NAME_oneline (pIssuer, NULL, 0);

Issuer is empty(not null). Hence application crashed.

Can you please rpovide your inputs why we get the issuer as empty in newer
version. But in older version it is correct and non-empty.

also why does it crash.

It will be helpful if you can provide your inputs for above query.

Thanks & regards,

Tosif