[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4109] Re: Error installing openssl version 1.0.2

Dhruv Bhatt via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue Oct 27 19:02:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to install openssl version 1.0.2.

What I do:
1. tar the version openssl-1.0.2
2. cd to that directory .
3. ./config —prefix=<> —openssldir=<>
4. make
<Issue comes here>

Issue is something with crypto/modes/ghash-x86_64.s file at line 890.

junk ‘<somebits>’ after expression.

Has this issue been fixed? Also it comes with 1.0.2d version as well. But if we try 1.0.1j version it works completely fine and I am able to install that version.

Thanks,
Dhruv.

P.S. I am trying to help someone install openssl and I have seen this issue twice till now, I do not have any logs with me will try to get one.