[openssl-dev] FW: Website changing this weekend

Alessandro Ghedini alessandro at ghedini.me
Thu Sep 3 10:17:53 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 07:05:26pm +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> > https://www.openssl.org/docs/fipsvalidation.html (the UserGuide links lead
> > to nowhere, and a few others as well).
>
> I fixed the two that  I found, thanks.

FWIW there are a bunch of other broken references to the user guide pdf in
https://www.openssl.org/docs/fipsnotes.html

> > On a related note, can we get the new logo in image format (ideally svg)? So
>
> Funny, others asked for a font/css solution.

That makes sense for openssl.org, but for external websites (like the ones I
mentioned) an image is usually required.

> > images on https://github.com/openssl and
> > https://www.openhub.net/p/openssl can be replaced with something less
> > ugly (and ideally the favicon on the main site as well).
>
> Shrug, whatever people volunteer we'll look at.

So, I made a thing [0] (note that I'm not sure if I'm using the correct font,
it can be easily corrected if not).

From that I made a 64x64 image [1] to be used on OpenHUB and a 100x100 one for
GitHub [2].

I also tried to make a favicon out of it (16x16), but due to the size it was
unreadable (if that's even a problem...).

Cheers

[0] https://www.ghedini.me/openssl.svg
[1] https://www.ghedini.me/openssl-64.png
[2] https://www.ghedini.me/openssl-100.png