[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4039] TLS-PSK - SSL_use_psk_identity_hint()

Leif Thuresson via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Sep 14 01:09:14 UTC 2015

I understand that there has been an overhaul of the TLS-PSK support.
Is there any chance to get the SSL_use_psk_identity_hint() function
fixed in the process?
The current implementation of this function is useless at least in my
use case.
I want to set the a PSK hint based on the address etc. of incoming
connections to a server.
The current implementation stores the PSK hint set with
SSL_use_psk_identity_hint() in the SSL_SESSION object
and if the session is not created SSL_use_psk_identity_hint() returns OK
and ignores the hint?
Typically you would like to use this function in conjunction with
creating the SSL object so storing the PSK hint
in the SSL_SESSION object is a problem since the session is not yet created.

Thanks,

/Leif Thuresson