[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4042] Build Bug w/ OpenSSL on Windows? No Applink

Stephen Henson via RT rt at openssl.org
Sun Sep 20 22:51:21 UTC 2015

On Sat Sep 19 11:14:06 2015, steve wrote:
> On Tue Sep 15 14:33:33 2015, cberube at us.ibm.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to build the FIPS-140 compliant OpenSSL software on my
> > Windows 7
> > system using the Visual Studio 2015 compiler. I am using OpenSSL-
> > FIPS-
> > 2.0.10
> > and OpenSSL-1.0.2d. I'm getting the following build error when trying
> > to build
> > the 32-bit version of the OpenSSL libraries:

In more detail I just tried a build from sources. I did this:

set FIPSDIR=X:\some\for\fips\module\installation
cd <fips source dir>
ms\do_fips
cd <openssl 1.0.2d source dir>
perl Configure VC-WIN32 fips
nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak

With no problems. I'd suggest you try that as a starting point and let me know
of any errors you get. You will need to install nasm for that to work.

Steve.