[openssl-dev] who wants to fix travis builds?

Alessandro Ghedini alessandro at ghedini.me
Wed Sep 23 11:46:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 10:06:24AM +0200, Andy Polyakov wrote:
> > Please see  https://travis-ci.org/openssl/openssl/jobs/81672180
>
> --debug is not recognized by earlier ./Configures?

Yeah, it seems that earlier ./Configure only support the debug-$platform
arguments. For general travis debug builds (which use ./config), we can simply
change the $CONFIG_OPTS to use '-d' instead of '--debug', but that still leaves
the mingw builds out (they use ./Configure directly).

Another possibility is to backport '--debug' to older ./Configures.

> BTW, nor is there mingw64 in 098.

And the mingw build is broken anyway. Is this something worth fixing in a future
0.9.8 release? Otherwise the mingw builds could be simply removed from travis
for 0.9.8.

Other builds failing are:

- linux-gcc and mingw debug builds in 1.0.2 (I haven't tried to reproduce
  these yet).
- mingw debug and shared builds in master.

Cheers