[openssl-dev] who wants to fix travis builds?

Andy Polyakov appro at openssl.org
Thu Sep 24 14:23:52 UTC 2015

>>> - mingw debug and shared builds in master.
>>
>> While I can confirm problem with shared (fixable with attached patch,
>> please double-check),
>
> Can confirm that your patch works.
>
>> I can't confirm problem with debug (please elaborate).
>
> The travis debug builds now also use --strict-warnings, which enables all
> warnings and treats them as errors, and there's a bunch of warnings when
> building with mingw.

I think it's appropriate to set pragmatic goals in this case. Fixing
warnings for non-primary[!] platform such as mingw in master is arguably
pragmatic, but not in all versions. So that in this case, i.e.
travis-ci.org, I'd argue for limiting testing to current working
de-facto status for all versions but master. Is it reasonable?

> I tried to fix some of them (see [0]) but it's kind of a lost battle.

What does "kind of a lost battle" mean in the context?