[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #3964] Fix OPENSSL_NO_STDIO build

David Woodhouse via RT rt at openssl.org
Wed Sep 30 18:21:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-09-30 at 17:45 +0000, Kaduk, Ben via RT wrote:
> Making things inline functions or macros requires exposing their
> implementation details to consumers of the header in question.  That
> seems at odds with the goal of making structures opaque, though I don't
> know whether making BIO opaque was one of the targets for that project.

You can still have a function that transparently returns (BIO *)NULL,
irrespective of whether the BIO structure is opaque or not.

If we wanted OPENSSL_NO_STDIO to be a purely internal option, not
making any change to the external ABI, then perhaps this would be a
consideration. But I don't think that would even be feasible.

--
dwmw2