[openssl-dev] Proper explicit zeroing in VIA PadLock engine

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Apr 4 14:07:49 UTC 2016

In message <20160404.155903.1530813598509966219.levitte at openssl.org> on Mon, 04 Apr 2016 15:59:03 +0200 (CEST), Richard Levitte <levitte at openssl.org> said:

levitte> In message <ae79948978484f9fbb27837e76414ba2 at usma1ex-dag1mb1.msg.corp.akamai.com> on Mon, 4 Apr 2016 13:56:03 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz at akamai.com> said:
levitte>
levitte> rsalz>
levitte> rsalz> > I think we're deleting all engine code from LibreSSL, but at least one hunk of
levitte> rsalz> > this diff is relevant to OpenSSL:
levitte> rsalz> >
levitte> rsalz> > https://marc.info/?l=libressl&m=145791622313784&w=2
levitte> rsalz>
levitte> rsalz> Thanks for forwarding this.  We removed crypto/engine/eng_padlock.c ...
levitte>
levitte> Not quite.
levitte>
levitte> It was moved to engines/

That being said, engines/e_padlock.c has changed quite a bit since, so
if patching is still needed, it needs to be reworked with somewhat
more modern code (that libressl patch applies to OpenSSL 0.9.8, which
is past EOL).

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org