[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4518] OpenSSL-1.1.0-pre5 RSA_set0_key and related RSA_get0_*, RSA_set0_*, DSA_set0_* and DSA_get0_* problems

Richard Levitte via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Apr 25 18:39:24 UTC 2016

So, listening to what everyone had to say, perhaps this PR is better
then:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/995

In message <a35573177bdb41388fb1d6c2670fefd6 at usma1ex-dag1mb1.msg.corp.akamai.com> on Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:45:05 +0000, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz at akamai.com> said:

rsalz>
rsalz> > The 3-slot function is I think cleaner.
rsalz> >
rsalz> > I'll leave the decision of whether and when to support NULL parameters to
rsalz> > the folks working on that code, but it is pretty clear that one must not pass an
rsalz> > object one does not "own", such as one returned from a "get0" function, to a
rsalz> > function that expects to take ownership of the indicated object.
rsalz>
rsalz> Agree with both of those.
rsalz>
rsalz> After a "set0" call, set your pointer to NULL, it's no longer yours :)
rsalz> --
rsalz> openssl-dev mailing list
rsalz> To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-dev
rsalz>