[openssl-dev] SSL transfer connection (SSL_dup, SSL_up_ref, SSL_free)

Alex Hultman alexhultman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:18:23 UTC 2016

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the answer. I actually found a working solution just a couple of
minutes after I posted but I still wanted to hear what you recommended. I
just did ssl->references++; and also the same on the attached BIO's before
SSL_set_fd. This works perfectly and I'm able to take over the SSL
connection even after the original server "destroys" their socket.

I guess I just need to use SSL_up_ref when compiling for OpenSSL 1.1.0 then.