[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4509] ECC key generation under valgrind reports: impossible has happened

Andy Polyakov via RT rt at openssl.org
Wed Apr 27 13:33:42 UTC 2016

> Valgrind does not necessarily support all instructions, if there’s any optimized assembly, you might run into problems.
> Are you able to compile a non-assembly version of the OpenSSL library?
> Are you able to update to a newer Valgrind?

Or at least tell valgrind version, because I can't reproduce the problem
with 3.10.1. At any event you can also see if it's problem with
unsupported instructions, unsupported by [your version of] valgrind that
is, by manipulating OPENSSL_ia32cap environment variable. You can
disable AVX2 code paths by setting it to :~0x20 or simply :0 if it runs
into more "too-new-to-be-possible" instructions.

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4509