[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4522] Update to openssl.spec supplied with 1.0.1s

Withers John Z via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri Apr 29 22:39:55 UTC 2016

To whom it may concern,

I have just completed building RPM files for OpenSSL 1.0.1s (latest source version available to me).  I found the provide RPMBUILD specification (.spec) file more than a little lacking.  Central to my issue was my attempt to build the RPM as a 'side load' for RHEL 5.11 as an interim measure to support TLSv1.2 connectivity with partner application while waiting patiently for new RHEL 6.x servers to be built.  The supplied specification file has a great many hard-coded paths in it.  This is probably acceptable in general, but it was a pain in the neck to me trying to build a package that installed elsewhere on the system so that the existing OpenSSL installation (and the applications that depend on it) continue to operate.

In the spirit of community, I offer the attached update to openssl.spec.  I've replaced the hard coded paths with RPMBUILD macro variables where needed and updated the %files section to avoid those 'installed by not packaged' errors.

Please keep up the good work!

Thanks!

John Withers
Enterprise Operations
Directory Services Branch - OS:CTO:EO:ISD:DSB:PKI
Champaign, Illinois

Phone: (217) 974-7736

"A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4522