[openssl-dev] 1.1.0 pre release 6: Installing manpages error: tr

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Aug 4 16:08:46 UTC 2016

In message <20160804154144.GA14958 at x2.esmtp.org> on Thu, 4 Aug 2016 08:41:44 -0700, Claus Assmann <ca+ssl-dev at esmtp.org> said:

ca+ssl-dev> Happens on OpenBSD and Linux (similar error message):
ca+ssl-dev>
ca+ssl-dev> *** Installing manpages
ca+ssl-dev> usage: tr [-cs] string1 string2
ca+ssl-dev>        tr [-c] -d string1
ca+ssl-dev>        tr [-c] -s string1
ca+ssl-dev>        tr [-c] -ds string1 string2
ca+ssl-dev>
ca+ssl-dev>
ca+ssl-dev> Seems [A-Z] etc needs to be quoted, e.g.,
ca+ssl-dev> tr '[a-z]' '[A-Z]'
ca+ssl-dev>
ca+ssl-dev> There are several places like this in the Makefile.

I suppose this depends on what shell is being used.  I've attached a
fix (apply with 'patch -p1 < unix-Makefile.tmpl.patch'), would you
mind trying it out?

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org