[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4651] [BUG] malloc_failure in ASN1_D2I_READ_BIO with large smime encoded file

Brian Morton via RT rt at openssl.org
Wed Aug 17 18:16:42 UTC 2016

That doesn't sound like an ideal case for a bugfix.  Any other creative
ideas on how to fix this one?  Some suggestions I read previously included
adding support for streaming decode to avoid such a large memory
allocation.  This may not easily be feasible because of needing to verify
signatures on the message.

If not, I'll try out the size_t change.

--
Brian Morton