[openssl-dev] [crypto engine]: API users try to find separate external library for new engine

Catalin Vasile cata.vasile at nxp.com
Wed Feb 3 17:00:44 UTC 2016

I'm trying to make a new crypto engine.

Any application that tries to use my custom OpenSSL library that includes my engine gives me an error trying to find an external library for my new engine (it tries to locate /usr/lib/libhwrng.so,  where hwrng is my engine), although if I run a "grep -R 'hwrng' . " in the install folder it finds references in the libcrypto.so .

I have done a "grep -R 'cryptodev' ." and it is referenced the same amount of times and in the same files.
What could I be missing that cryptodev is loaded "naturally" (it knows it's inside libcrypto.so), but engine hwrng is seen as being something totally external?

Cata