[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4290] HMAC_Init_ex() return bug

Matt Caswell via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Feb 4 10:02:42 UTC 2016

On Wed Feb 03 18:32:20 2016, mikkratsep at gmail.com wrote:
> I built it using cocoapods, the OpenSSL headers show 1.0.2f.
> I’ll try to make some sample program tomorrow.
>

> > On 3 veebr 2016, at 18:27, Salz, Rich via RT <rt at openssl.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I’m running OS X 10.11.3 and OpenSSL 1.0.206
> >
> > I cannot reproduce this. Did you build from source, or is that a
> > vendor-provided version? The ".206" isn't part of our release
> > naming. Did you mean 1.0.2f? Do you have a sample program to show
> > the error?

Please do as it looks like someone else has a similar problem. It's not quite
the same (different HMAC function) but still in HMAC and very similar symptoms:
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/607

I can't reproduce it though, and the diagnosis in the above github issue
doesn't look right.

One other question: are you using FIPS mode, or standard OpenSSL?