[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4075] Enhancement request: Camellia ECDHE+GCM suites

Nich Ramsey via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Feb 4 17:36:35 UTC 2016

I'm new to implementing crypto, but this seems like a great learning
opportunity.

What's the best way for me to get ramped up through self-study? I'm
interested in the Camellia cipher, and contributing meaningful additions to
the OpenSSL library.

Moonchild: thank you for your detailed explanation of the Camellia cipher.
This seems like a worthwhile cause, since having many alternative, strong
cipher suites is of great benefit.

Kurt: I agree with you, until there are more people using Camellia it
shouldn't be on by default. It would be nice to have the option to manually
enable it though, especially for people like Moonchild that have a special
need/affinity for the cipher.

Thanks to everyone for continued discussion on this topic.

Nich