[openssl-dev] version script

Catalin Vasile cata.vasile at nxp.com
Mon Feb 8 13:41:10 UTC 2016

I'm trying to compile a custom OpenSSL library to work with nginx.
nginx requires that the SSL library have version data included in the .so files, so I'm using this patch[1] for this.
The problem is that if I set the library versiont to 1.0.1 into that script, when I start nginx or trigger ldd on nginx I get:
/usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found
If I set that version to 1.0.0 I get:
/usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.1' not found
Can someone help me out to understand what is going on?

Cata

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/22634441/1310345