[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4075] Enhancement request: Camellia ECDHE+GCM suites

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Mon Feb 8 14:48:35 UTC 2016

> over 40% of Alexa top 1 million TLS enabled servers enable Camellia

That's different than actual use, as you know.

> I don't see it mentioned anywhere in documentation, especially not in
> ciphers(1) man page. So, is it not so severe, or should the Camellia be
> removed from DEFAULT?

It probably will be.

I think the bottom line is that nobody on the team is enthusiastic, or even willing, to put into the work to add and support it.  And nobody is wiling to put it into the codebase these days without an internal commitment to support it.