[openssl-dev] Duplicate APIs?

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Mon Feb 8 15:17:37 UTC 2016

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 10:06 AM, Short, Todd <tshort at akamai.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed that:
>
> * SSL_cache_hit(SSL*), and
> * SSL_session_reused(SSL*ssl) --> SSL_ctrl(ssl,SSL_CTRL_GET_SESSION_REUSED,0,NULL)
>
> are practically the same thing; both return s->hit.
>
> Are both really needed?

I started a thread on this very topic on the team list yesterday.

What'll likely happen is that SSL_session_reused() will be the
new name of the SSL_cache_hit() function, and SSL_cache_hit will
become a macro referencing that function:

   int SSL_session_reused(const SSL *ssl);
   #if OPENSSL_API_COMPAT < 0x10100000L
   # define SSL_cache_hit(ssl) SSL_session_reused(ssl)
   #endif

The control variant will be removed.

--
	Viktor.