[openssl-dev] Commit 17a723885e8a875fc19d5140f580f80a113ba78f

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Feb 11 18:29:45 UTC 2016

> On Feb 11, 2016, at 12:30 PM, Salz, Rich <rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, the order of case labels doesn't matter.  (In fact, it used to be the case that compilers -- back in the stone age, when they generated code on stone tablets -- used to be a little more efficient when you did that.)

I find "default:" first easier to read in some cases, you immediately
know that the default case is handled and how, without having to read
all the other cases and hunt for it further down, especially in large
switches with lots of cases.  I don't always put "default:" first, and
never for any reasons of possible efficiency, but I do it when it seems
more clear and I remember that I find it more clear. :-)

--
	Viktor.