[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4301] [BUG] OpenSSL 1.1.0-pre2 fails to parse x509 certificate in DER format

Cristian Berneanu via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri Feb 12 10:46:22 UTC 2016

FYI, I checked other machines that have a TPM device manufactured by STM,
but I could not find another with a serial number less than 20 bytes (I
guess they do padding in that case).
I also have a certificate from an Atmel device where I get a notice that
the serial number is negative.

For me personally, it would be perfectly fine if I could have a "relaxed
parsing" option that I could pass when I expect these kinds of broken
encodings.

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4301