[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4229] Bug - OpenSSL 1.0.2e on AIX has sha256p8-ppc.s assembler build issue...

Jeremy Farrell via RT rt at openssl.org
Fri Feb 12 17:44:44 UTC 2016

On 11/02/2016 22:36, Andy Polyakov via RT wrote:
>> I am attempting to build OpenSSL 1.0.2e on AIX and I'm seeing an issue with the "stvx" assembler instruction in the sha256p8-ppc.s module.  I have built prior version OpenSSL packages on AIX without issue until now (prior was 1.0.1c), and I haven't varied the steps I typically use.  Specifics are:
>>
>> AIX: 5200-08
> I'm not quite familiar with AIX lingo. What does 5200-08 mean? Is it 5.2?

Yes, AIX 5.2 TL 8. I believe that IBM stopped providing fixes for that
particular technology level in February 2007, stopped standard support
for AIX 5.2 final technology level (TL 10) in April 2009, stopped
admitting to ever having heard of 5.2 sometime in 2012. no-asm seems to
be the appropriate way to deal with this.

--
J. J. Farrell

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4229