[openssl-dev] Verification of ABI compatibility

Ponomarenko Andrey andrewponomarenko at yandex.ru
Sat Feb 13 16:06:11 UTC 2016

Hello John,

1. Please update ABICC and ABI Dumper tools. You are currently using too old versions 1.99.9 and 0.99.7. The newer ones are 1.99.16 and 0.99.14. There are a lot of improvements: https://github.com/lvc
    The update is easy. Just unpack tarballs and type `sudo make install`.

2. Please follow instructions on the page https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binary_Compatibility in order to:

    a) filter out private part of the ABI from dumps
    b) fix version numbers in the report

Thank you.

27.01.2016, 19:19, "John Foley":