[openssl-dev] OpenSSL 1.1 pre-3 CRYPTO_set_mem_functions

Erik Forsberg erik at efca.com
Mon Feb 15 23:15:28 UTC 2016

just started do the 1.1 updates needed in my own software, in the past I had
use the 1.0.2 memory allocation hooks to link into my own mem leak tester.

1.1 has reworked this, by what I read in the past, sounded like I could still
get value out of if, but today when I looked at CRYPTO_set_mem_functions()
I see they simply save function pointers into 3 static _wrapper variables.
You can read them by calling CRYPTO_get_mem_functions but thats all.
No other use of them at all in the file crypto/mem.c

Are we supposed to be able to hook into OPENSSL_malloc() etc in 1.1 ?