[openssl-dev] 1.1-pre3 configuration changes

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Feb 15 23:30:54 UTC 2016

In message <6A2KG6vygF8027u at srv.efca.com> on Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:02:52 -0800, "Erik Forsberg" <erik at efca.com> said:

erik> Sure, attached.
erik> However, dont think anything wrong with it, I did notice the changes
erik> and aligned. The question is more how do I incorporate my custom conf file into
erik> the build system. Copying this conf file into Configrations and running
erik> make -f Makefile.in TABLE
erik> results in this
erik>
erik> + cp ../20-efca.conf Configurations
erik> + make -f Makefile.in TABLE
erik> make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile.in, line 33: Badly formed macro assignment

Ah-ha!  Using Makefile.in directly like that is not possible any
more.  The reason is that we've templatised it.  If you look, you'll
see that there are perl fragments within {- and -} delimiters.  Line
33 is right in the middle of one of those.

The answer is that you MUST configure first.  We could probably
clarify that a bit louder (and when I'm looking in INSTALL right now,
I'm noticing it's lagging behind on the changes.  To be fixed!)

erik> GNU make throws a differently worded error on same line.

Yup.  The answer will remain "don't do that, configure first!"

erik> If I manually run
erik> perl Configure TABLE > TABLE
erik> it works OK, at least I can run Configure

Yes.

erik> Another bug is that with pre3, assembler support is broken for solaris64-x86_64-cc
erik> configurations. First assembler file x86_64cpuid.pl gets tons of syntax errors.
erik> Havent looked too deep yet. Has been working fine for ever.

Ok, that's to look into.  Mind giving us a log?

erik> My platform is Solaris 11 x64 using native SunStudio btw
erik> Will try gcc too.
erik>
erik> >-- Original Message --
erik> >