[openssl-dev] OpenSSL 1.1 pre-3 CRYPTO_set_mem_functions

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Feb 15 23:33:41 UTC 2016

In message <0v59RC3DjidYWsO at srv.efca.com> on Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:15:28 -0800, "Erik Forsberg" <erik at efca.com> said:

erik>
erik> just started do the 1.1 updates needed in my own software, in the past I had
erik> use the 1.0.2 memory allocation hooks to link into my own mem leak tester.
erik>
erik> 1.1 has reworked this, by what I read in the past, sounded like I could still
erik> get value out of if, but today when I looked at CRYPTO_set_mem_functions()
erik> I see they simply save function pointers into 3 static _wrapper variables.
erik> You can read them by calling CRYPTO_get_mem_functions but thats all.
erik> No other use of them at all in the file crypto/mem.c
erik>
erik> Are we supposed to be able to hook into OPENSSL_malloc() etc in 1.1 ?

You may have missed it, but there's a CRYPTO_set_mem_functions() as
well.  Can't you use that?

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org