[openssl-dev] OpenSSL 1.1 pre3 64-bit builds

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Feb 16 01:39:40 UTC 2016

In message <c7uLxLYHnGrj7nY at srv.efca.com> on Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:04:58 -0800, "Erik Forsberg" <erik at efca.com> said:

erik> Latest pre3 release doesnt build CFLAGS correctly, noticed it when doing a
erik> 64-bit build and the -m64 cc argument was never passed down to cc, failing
erik> particularly when trying to assemble 64-bit code in  32-bit default mode.

Thank you, you found a but in 10-main.conf (and in your own
20-efca.conf for that matter).

The add() and add_before() functions take a separator string as first
argument, remaining argument are those that will be added to inherited
values, after or before.  Unfortunately, it seems like a number of
them didn't get that separator argument.  For example the following
line in the solaris64-x86_64-gcc config:

        cflags           => add_before("-m64 -Wall -DL_ENDIAN"),

should really look like this:

        cflags           => add_before(" ", "-m64 -Wall -DL_ENDIAN"),

We will correct this, of course.  In the mean time, I suggest you try
out that kind of change.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org